Donate or Volunteer
We know that many of you have a heart for helping, you just don’t know how. Whether you have more time than money, or more money than time, we have an opportunity for you to make a direct and lasting impact on the lives of those who call Stepping Stone “home.” Determine for yourself how you can join us by serving Anoka County’s homeless population.
Ever wondered what to say to a homeless person? Here are 5 things to Say and 5 things NOT to say:
What To Say:
- I don’t have money, but is there another way I can help you?
- Did you catch the game?
- Good morning.
- How are you doing? Would you like to talk?
- I will keep you in my thoughts.
What NOT To Say:
- Why don’t you get help?
- Here’s a dollar. Please don’t use it to buy alcohol.
- Why don’t you go to a shelter? Why are you living in a shelter?
- You don’t seem like you should be homeless.
- Get a job. Why don’t you just get a job?